The provider of retirement services in the academic, research, medical and cultural fields, unveiled The TIAA-CREF Savings Simplifier. The app, available for free through iTunes, gives users interactive tools that provide information about saving for retirement and other goals, according to a press release. It allows users to:
- test their financial knowledge and learn how to help accelerate future savings with the “Money Smarts” quiz;
- take a glance at their possible financial future with the “Retirement Projector;”
- see where their money is going on the little everyday purchases such as coffee or take-out with the “What’s it Worth Calculator;”
- read news articles and listen to market commentary podcasts by Chief Investment Strategist Brett Hammond;
- get the latest information about TIAA-CREF fund performance;
- contact a TIAA-CREF retirement consultant for an advice session; and
- map the locations of TIAA-CREF offices across the country.
TIAA-CREF also announced other digital initiatives. On www.Facebook.com/tiaa-cref, individuals can plug into news and videos, or take the Nest Egg Challenge. In addition, participants nearing retirement can join an online community of like-minded people sharing their experiences on making the transition to life in retirement at www.myretirement.org. TIAA-CREF is also on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TC_Talks.
This fall, TIAA-CREF introduced Quick Response Codes (QR Codes) in select TIAA-CREF print ads, providing users with smart phones with a camera to access online content from TIAA-CREF, or connect with a TIAA-CREF retirement consultant, by taking a picture of the QR code in the ad (see “TIAA-CREF Connects Smartphone Users with Financial Advice”).
TIAA-CREF said it also offers advice by retirement consultants at www.tiaa-cref.org/services/retirement-planning-advice.
Individuals can also sign up to receive Market Insights podcasts at www.tiaa-cref.org.