LPL Financial, a wholly owned subsidiary of LPL Financial Holdings Inc., provides independent broker/dealer and registered investment adviser (RIA) custodian services. The firm says the enhanced app offers advisers greater real-time insight into market events and an improved ability for advisers to interact directly with clients.
Other additions to the app include the following:
- Real-time financial headlines from Thomson Reuters;
- Daily commentary and market insight from members of the LPL Financial Research team, including YouTube videos from various investment and market strategy executives;
- A redesigned user interface with a simpler look and feel, and a sidebar menu for easier navigation on both smartphones and tablets;
- Continuous updates about the company via the LPL Financial Twitter stream; and
- Information-sharing capability via email, direct message, Twitter or Facebook.
There are a number of additional enhancements slated for LPL Financial’s technology suite in 2014. These include a redesigned email service, updates to performance reporting available in the Portfolio Manager product, and a significant upgrade to the Resource Center, which is the online portal that the company uses to communicate with advisers.
More information is available at www.lpl.com.