The center offers information and resources to help financial professionals and their clients prepare for the upcoming Department of Labor regulations.
The Participant Disclosure Regulation Resource Center provides:
• An overview of the ERISA 404(a) participant disclosure regulation;
• Step-by-step instructions for when and how to take action;
• Details on disclosures plan sponsors are required to provide and what The Principal is doing to help;
• A tool to help sponsors create a disclosure reference guide describing their plan’s compliance dates; and
• Materials to communicate with and educate employees.
“Even though plan sponsors won’t need to start providing this information for another six months, we know it is important to them to understand what they’ll need to do now,” said Greg Burrows, senior vice president, retirement and investor services at The Principal. “The Resource Center gives sponsors what they need to get started. Financial professionals can use this time to get ahead of the competition and start having conversations with clients and prospects.”