Merrill Edge was launched earlier this year for a “mass affluent” audience (see “BofA Merrill Lynch Launches Merrill Edge”). The company says clients will be able to do the following using the app:
- View their portfolio, holdings, and account activity.
- Move money between linked Merrill Lynch brokerage and Bank of America N.A. banking accounts.
- Trade, stocks, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, and options in approved accounts.
- Track the latest market news and headlines.
- Customize their watch lists, alerts, and other online features.
The iPad app also includes personalized dashboards and access to the research reports from BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research.
“Our mass affluent investors have consistently told us that they want to interact with us at their convenience and want multiple, coordinated access and entry points,” said Alok Prasad, head of Merrill Edge. “These new applications will give them the control and flexibility they seek and help them make confident financial decisions.”