The tools offer deeper insight into an exchange-traded fund’s market behavior and underlying holdings to help advisers and investors better understand the potential drivers of an exchange-traded fund’s performance, liquidity, costs and risks.
A new set of online publishing and social media features allow advisers to publish and promote their research from these tools. New content management features let Interactive Data’s clients integrate and manage their own content within the tools to help support their clients’ marketing and compliance requirements, while lowering their clients’ development time and costs.
As advisers and self-directed investors increasingly adopt ETFs, clients look for ways to deliver better online services to support the rising demand for ETF analysis and education, according to Jeff Torchon, vice president and ETF global markets manager for Interactive Data. “Our ETF Web tools and content management services help our clients avoid the long development timelines and overhead costs typically required to build and manage enhanced ETF services,” Torchon said.
Customized ETF filtering facilitates searches across the more-than 1,400 ETFs trading on U.S. exchanges. ETFs can be filtered by fund profile, portfolio and market data. Interactive Data clients can dynamically create and publish custom searches to their customer base and embed specific marketing content.
The ETF Liquidity Analyzer provides a faceted view of an ETF’s liquidity, including the liquidity of the ETF’s underlying holdings. Advisers can compare ETF volumes, spreads and premium/discounts across any U.S. listed exchange-traded product.
Correlations across any time period on ETFs, mutual funds and stocks can be calculated. Advisers and investors can run correlations on custom portfolios and individual securities to help optimize portfolios, or find ETFs for any number of investment strategies.
Other features of the suite include:
- ETF Performance Analyzer shows how an ETF’s underlying holdings in specific sectors, countries and market caps can influence an ETF’s return.
- ETF Performance Comparison shows where ETFs differ and where they overlap in performance and portfolio composition.
- ETF Profiles provide reference data, real-time market data and analytics for every type of exchange-traded product. Profiles can be easily reconfigured to accommodate different layouts.
- ETF monitoring: tracks intraday ETF trading and includes special messaging features, which enable Interactive Data’s clients to integrate their own custom announcements in support of their sales and marketing needs.
- Social Media and Online Publishing: lets advisers create and promote customizable online proposals and reports from their research on the tools. Content management and auditing features are designed to give Interactive Data’s clients control over all generated reports.
Interactive Data Corporation provides ETF valuations and hosted Web services to financial institutions and active traders, and software and service providers.