The site will include the latest developments around taxes, planning for retirement, investment and wealth management information, and planning ideas and tools, according to a press release. The Wealth Management Center can be accessed through Putnam’s adviser Web site.
Using information from a 2010 kasina Survey, “What Advisors Do Online,” which found that 62% of high-producing advisers use news, commentary and information from asset manager Web sites and 77.5% use social media, Putnam created the site to match these needs. Putnam says it are hoping to provide timely content, dynamic commentary and relevant strategies that can help advisers have meaningful conversations with their clients.
The Wealth Management Center will include:
- Frequently updated blog-like posts on investment topics
- A “planning idea of the week” to help advisers engage with their clients
- Links to Putnam’s existing wealth management content, including investor education literature, financial planning videos, client seminars and online tools.
The site segments wealth management into the following fields:
- Retirement/Income – Information on saving for retirement and managing income in retirement, including investor education, worksheets and calculators, client seminars and sales ideas and tools
- Taxes – Client education articles and videos on a variety of tax-related topics, including updates on changes to tax law
- Insurance/Risk Management – Principles and strategies for safeguarding wealth in volatile times including techniques for protecting assets from potential creditors
- Estate and Wealth Transfer – Estate planning articles and seminars
- College Savings – Information about saving for college, including analytical tools and calculators and client seminars
- Investments – Content by Putnam portfolio managers and analysts on investment issues, including articles and presentations downloadable for use with clients
- Financial Planning Videos – Recent videos covered strategies to construct a tax-efficient portfolio and the tax impact of health reform legislation
- Links to Putnam funds – Direct links to all Putnam funds and investments, including such popular choices as the Putnam RetirementReady Funds and the target Absolute Return Funds.