This year, the awards will be given in three categories: individual, team and multioffice.
The finalists will be recognized at the annual PLANSPONSOR/PLANADVISER Awards for Excellence dinner March 27, 2012 in New York City. The winners will be named at the annual PLANADVISER National Conference in September in Orlando, Florida.
The six finalists for the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser Team of the Year are:
- Capital Strategies Investment Group LLC in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
- Everhart in Dublin, Ohio
- Graystone Consulting – Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Maresh Yoshida 401k Group in Austin, Texas
- Newport Capital Group in Red Bank, New Jersey
- The Willhite Institutional Consulting Group of UBS in The Woodlands, Texas
The five finalists for the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year are:
- Gregg Andonian of Baystate Fiduciary Advisors, Inc. in Boston, Massachusetts
- Steven Glasgow of Avondale Partners, LLC in Nashville, Tennessee
- Jeb Graham of CapTrust Advisors, LLC in Tampa, Florida
- Timothy Pitney of Sapers & Wallack, Inc. in Newton, Massachusetts
- Mark D. Ray of Praxis Consulting in Sacramento, California
The individual category is defined by the following: A single adviser with one group of clients.
The three finalists for the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser Multioffice Team of the Year are:
- Alliance Benefit Group Financial Services, Corp., headquartered in Albert Lea, Minnesota
- Pensionmark Retirement Group, headquarters in Santa Barbara, California
- Sheridan Road Financial, headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois
The multioffice category is defined by the following: A group of two or more advisers across multiple office locations who share support staff and follow the same guidelines and procedures to serve clients.
Previous winners of the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser Team of the Year are Graystone Consulting - Danvers in Danvers, Massachusetts (2012); FDG Institutional Consulting Group at UBS in Stamford, Connecticut (2011); The Prince Group of Stifel Nicolaus in Indianapolis, Indiana (2010); Fiduciary Investment Advisors of Windsor, Connecticut (2009); FFoA in Pearl River, New York (2008); and the STAR Group with Merrill Lynch in Akron, Ohio (2007).