According to the announcement, POLICE stands for:
- Performance – Ranks all funds versus their appropriate peers;
- Organization – Tracks personnel and ownership changes;
- Legal – Discloses lawsuits, settlements, or regulatory issues;
- Investment Policy – Identifies changes in strategy and/or operations;
- Consistent Style – Pinpoints all style issues based on historical returns; and
- Expenses – Compares fees to a peer group average to assess the competitiveness.
Mesirow Financial’s Investment Strategies group has been granted registered trademark status from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for the Mesirow Financial POLICE Report.