As baby boomers retire and people live longer, an understanding of Social Security and Medicare has become increasingly important when planning for retirement.
With changes to both plans that took effect January 1, knowing what benefits Social Security and Medicare provide and the best age to start benefits is the first step in retirement planning. Mercer’s 2017 Guide to Social Security and 2017 Medicare booklet provides updated, easy-to-understand information.
The booklets deliver simple explanations of these programs, recent changes, and cost and benefit amounts for 2017—including lots of real-life examples.
The 2017 Guide to Social Security—now in its 45th edition—is a 64-page booklet that includes vital information about the following topics:
- Major Social Security program changes for 2017;
- Retirement benefits – early, late and delayed retirement information, with examples;
- Disability and survivor benefits;
- Who receives benefits;
- Easy-reference monthly benefit tables;
- Medicare benefits overview – eligibility and enrollment;
- “To Do” section; and
- Answers to frequently asked questions about Social Security.
Mercer’s 2017 Medicare booklet, 34th edition, is 32 pages and includes:
- Major Medicare changes for 2017;
- What is covered and not covered;
- Enrollment and eligibility;
- Part A (Hospital Insurance);
- Part B (Medical Insurance);
- Part C (Medicare Advantage Plans); and
- Part D (Outpatient Prescription Drug Plan).
The minimum order for the Guide is 25 copies at $7.95 each, the same price as last year. Quantity discounts are available; for example, 100 copies are $6.95 each
The minimum order for the Medicare booklet is 100 copies at $3.95 each, the same price as last year! Quantity discounts are available; for example, 500 copies are $3.55 each.
Visit www.imercer.com/socialsecurity or call 800-333-3070 for more information and to purchase Mercer’s 2017 Guide to Social Security and/or 2017 Medicare booklet.