Highlights of the new financial reports, according to a press release, include:
- easy-to-read, full-color design that includes graphs, investment benchmark performance, and transactional detail;
- financial summary of accounts with beginning and ending balances, investment activity, investment return, and investment weight percentage for the period;
- plan-level performance data such as dollar weighted selected period performance with rate of return information;
- asset allocation analysis graph;
- transaction detail by investment;
- explanatory notes.
Under the new reporting platform, MassMutual said, defined benefit and investment-only clients will receive their reports via electronic delivery for added security and convenient electronic recordkeeping and file storage. The secure e-mail delivery process also enables clients to view, print and share reports as needed in an environmentally friendly and cost-efficient manner.
There is no additional cost to clients for the new financial reports; an e-mail address must be on file with MassMutual, the company said.