The funds have been added as part of Jefferson National’s Monument Advisor, which offers a tax-deferred investing solution that aims to improve performance potential of tax-inefficient strategies without increasing risk.With these new funds, Jefferson National now has nearly 400 underlying funds in its lineup.
- The ALPS/Alerian Energy Infrastructure Portfolio, which Jefferson claims is the first of its kind to deliver energy infrastructure and master limited partnership (MLP) investments in a variable insurance trust (VIT);
- The Probabilities VIT Fund—a quantitative long/short U.S. equity fund-of-funds that uses an active trading strategy to generate non-correlated alpha versus the Standard & Poor’s (S&P) 500 Index;
- The Guggenheim VT Macro Opportunities, previously available only to institutional clients, which employs an opportunistic tactical strategy;
- Guggenheim VT Floating Rate Strategies, also previously available only to institutional clients, which provides an alternative to traditional fixed income;
- Fidelity VIP Target Volatility Portfolio, which seeks total return while attempting to maintain a target portfolio volatility of 10%;
- Van Eck VIP Global Gold Fund—an actively managed portfolio that invests in gold-mining equities; and
- The 7Twelve Balanced Portfolio, which uses a proprietary approach based on the strategies of recognized investing authority Craig Israelsen, Ph.D.
“In today’s marketplace advisers need to manage risk, hedge against volatility and build more resilient client portfolios, and many of the alternative investments and tactical strategies they utilize for these purposes benefit from tax deferral,” said David Lau, chief operating officer of Jefferson National.