The app puts all aspects of FSI’s online Advocacy Action Center at the fingertips of its members. Its features include:
- Instant calls-to-action on industry issues;
- Real-time news alerts;
- Current petitions relative to different states;
- Listing of elected officials at all government levels;
- Listing of FSI’s 2012 advocacy priorities;
- Issues affecting businesses and FSI’s involvement;
- Information on FSI’s political action committee;
- Voter registration; and
- Social media interaction.
“We are excited to bring the first advocacy app in our industry to our members and sponsors,” said Dale Brown, the organization’s president and chief executive. “With the ever-increasing need to not only advocate but to do so at a moment’s notice, going mobile is critical. FSI has worked to improve our members’ virtual experience through a new website homepage, a revamped Advocacy Action Center and a rapidly growing social media presence. In this crucial election year, it is critical that our members are provided the framework necessary to take meaningful action, and to take that action on the go.”
The FSI Advocacy App is available for download here.