Each edition of the ERISA Matters Newsletter, which takes its name from the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), focuses on a single issue in a concise and easy-to-understand manner, says Thomas Clark, chief compliance officer for FRA PlanTools.
“Each issue will address a legislative, regulatory, or litigation issue that affects fiduciary governance obligations,” he explains. “In addition, the newsletter serves as documented proof the service provider is providing fiduciary education, which many service providers promise but few can prove they deliver.”
Each newsletter is one page in length and designed for delivery to both clients and prospects, the firm says. The individual newsletters can be customized with a service provider’s logo and color scheme.
In addition to the newsletter, subscribers receive a meeting agenda template, a fiduciary resolution template, and a service provider guide with explanations, sample questions, and suggested attachments tied to the topic in each newsletter.
Each ERISA Matters Newsletter may be purchased separately for $99, or six newsletters can be purchased for $495. Licensing rights permit a single user to mail the newsletter to an unlimited number of clients and prospects. Copies can be purchased from the FRA PlanTools Online Store.
The following six ERISA Matters Newsletters are available for purchase:
- Vol. 1 – Issue 1 – Are Mutual Fund Share Classes a Ticking Time Bomb?
- Vol. 1 – Issue 2 – Are Your Plan’s Investment Options Sharing Revenue Without Your Knowledge?
- Vol. 1 – Issue 3 – Did You Know Your Retirement Plan’s Filing Cabinet is an Open Book?
- Vol. 1 – Issue 4 – Are Your Plan’s Documents Up to Date?
- Vol. 1 – Issue 5 – Could You Provide These Plan Related Documents to the DOL in 10 Days?
- Vol. 1 – Issue 6 – Have You Considered Benchmarking Your Plan’s Fees?