The DOL’s “Getting It Right: Know Your Fiduciary Responsibilities” seminars are designed to increase awareness and understanding about basic fiduciary responsibilities when operating a retirement plan. Topics covered for plan fiduciaries in these seminars will include:
- Understanding the plan and the fiduciary’s responsibilities;
- Carefully selecting and monitoring service providers;
- Making contributions on time;
- Avoiding prohibited transactions; and
- Making appropriate disclosures to plan participants and filing annual reports to the government on time.
The Hartford seminar will be held Tuesday, June 3, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. More information, including how to register, can be found here.
The Oklahoma City seminar will be held Thursday, July 10, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. More information, including how to register, can be found here.