The company says the program will eliminate annual plan audit requirements and costs.
According to the program Web site, the Affiliated Employers Retirement Savings Plan is ideal for:
- Plans currently subject to an annual audit
- Plans seeking professional oversight and management
- Trustees seeking to eliminate that level of fiduciary liability exposure
- “Frozen” retirement plans
- Adopters ‘spinning out’ of a PEO retirement program
- Plans seeking to aggregate their assets with other plans for pricing leverage
- Plan advisers looking to offer their clients a state-of-the-art plan structure
In addition, the company said the plan provides participants with a broad investment platform, online retirement planning tools, and full fee disclosure.
W. Michael Montgomery, Managing Director, Montgomery Retirement Plan Advisers, Inc., serves as investment manager to the program, and Terrence Power, President, American Pension Services, Inc., serves as plan administrator.