Investment Solutions Builder will allow RIAs who specialize in retirement plans to build and manage a plan’s core fund lineup from more than 1,000 options, and in the process:
- See all available fund options in the program and filter them based on asset class category and other selected performance criteria;
- Access detailed fund information such as performance, ratings, fees and risk measures; and
- Establish and change fund investment lineups in real time or up to 90 days in the future.
RIAs will also be able to create and maintain plan-level asset allocation models for plan participants, allowing the RIAs to:
- Access detailed fund information such as underlying fund performance, ratings, fees and risk measures to facilitate the selection and monitoring of models;
- Add any fund available in the program platform—including alternative funds that are not part of the plan’s core fund lineup—to their models;
- Provide a model selection risk questionnaire for plan participants who are considering an asset allocation model; and
- Establish and change plan models in real time or up to 90 days in the future when given authority by the plan sponsor.
Last year, 63.8% of plans changed their fund lineup compared to 19.7% in 2009, according to the Plan Sponsor Council of America’s (PSCA) 2011 survey, “401(k) Plan Response to Current Conditions.”
“We developed Investment Solutions Builder based on insights gained directly from extensive usability testing by registered investment advisers,” said Anne Arvia, president of Retirement Plans for Nationwide Financial. “We found they’re looking for a portfolio-building tool that provides the control, flexibility and expertise that will facilitate their service to clients, findings that drove the design and functionality of Investment Solutions Builder.”
Investment Solutions Builder’s technology also provides integration of asset allocation models into the participant enrollment materials, websites and statements, which creates efficiency for both the RIA and plan participants.
There are no additional charges to the RIA, plan sponsor or participants when using Investment Solutions Builder.
RIAs who would like to learn more about Investment Solutions Builder can call 1-800-626-3112.