The online investment advisory platform enables advisers to integrate a client’s accounts into a single, consolidated portfolio, MetLife said in a news release. WMS is available through all broker/dealer channels at MetLife, including MetLife Securities, New England Securities, Tower Square Securities, and Walnut Street Securities. WMS was introduced in 2005 in partnership with PNC Global Investment Servicing and Pershing, a subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
Available products on the platform now include:
- mutual fund wrap
- custom mutual fund wrap
- representative as portfolio manager
- multi-discipline accounts (MDA)
- separately managed accounts (SMA)
- flexible UMA.
MetLife said the platform provides:
- integrated views for multiple investment vehicles, including mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), stocks, bonds, alternative investments, etc.;
- proprietary investment research via ADVISORport Inc., a PNC company;
- customized views and reporting that accommodate single or multiple firms and/or distribution channels, as well as multiple offices, roles, and hierarchies.
“Having flexible products and platforms for use by our advisers in meeting client needs is essential,” said Jeffrey Wilk, vice president, Broker-Dealer Investment and Advisory Product Management. “Operating with a one-size-fits-all investment/advisory product philosophy no longer works, and our WMS platform now has the flexibility to meet virtually any need.”