linkedFA announced updates to the site that was launched over the summer, (see “linkedFA Links Up with LiveOffice for Social Media Compliance Solution”) following feedback from its 5,000+ active users, the company announced. The Web site says it is the first social networking site that allows financial professionals to communicate with investors and peers in a fully compliant and secure environment.
The new features include:
- A public directory search function providing access to over 1.4 million licensed financial professionals
- A simplified one-page feed interface that allows advisers to view and post to all major social media accounts simultaneously, including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. By disseminating all social media activity through linkedFA, the site’s unique compliance feature is applied to third party sites and ensures compliance with industry rules and regulations as per FINRA Regulatory Notice 10-06.
- A “People You May Know” feature introduces peers and professionals of interest to members based on geography, company, network connections and more.
- A public post feature that allows users to share updates with the entire linkedFA membership beyond the individual user’s network.
- Public discussion forums enabling linkedFA members to post topics of interest for comment throughout the entire linkedFA community.
linkedFA Founder and CEO, Jason Bishara says: “Social media in the financial industry is still very new and rapidly evolving. The debate around how to utilize social networking to increase business is in constant flux. Our growth strategy, since launching a year ago, is to remain at the forefront of financial social media’s evolution while actively utilizing feedback from members to continually improve their experience.”