The first is a two-part Webcast on June 9 and 10. On June 9, speakers from the DoL will present information about basic fiduciary responsibilities and prohibited transactions and exemptions under ERISA. On June 10, speakers will present information on the reporting and disclosure provisions of ERISA and the Department’s voluntary correction program.
Registration for the Webcast is available here.
On July 22, the EBSA will hold its seminar in Indianapolis. More information is available here.
The EBSA said the fiduciary seminars cover:
- understanding your plan and your responsibilities
- carefully selecting and monitoring service providers
- making contributions on time
- avoiding prohibited transactions
- making appropriate disclosures to plan participants and filing annual reports to the government on time.
In addition, the EBSA announced it will hold a workshop about the Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program on July 27 in Detroit. More information is available here.