Z shares are designed to provide greater flexibility to the defined contribution plan market. The new share class will be AllianceBernstein funds’ lowest-priced share class and available for purchase for the following funds:
- AllianceBernstein Core Opportunities Fund (Ticker symbol: ADGZX);
- AllianceBernstein Discovery Value Fund (ABSZX);
- AllianceBernstein Equity Income Fund (AUIZX);
- AllianceBernstein Global Bond Fund (ANAZX);
- AllianceBernstein Growth and Income Fund (CBBZX); and
- AllianceBernstein High Income Fund (AGDZX).
“Clients are increasingly demanding a simpler and more transparent fee structure, so we’ve created these new shares to meet that growing demand,” said Craig Lombardi, managing director and national sales manager for AllianceBernstein’s Defined Contribution Investment-Only Business. “With this new low-cost share class, we can offer our clients flexible pricing options.”
The new Z shares will be offered without 12b-1 fees or sub transfer agency fees and there is no minimum initial investment requirement. In addition, AllianceBernstein will not make distribution services and educational support payments in respect of class Z shares.