The new education portal, scheduled to launch this fall, is designed to help RIAs and their employees enhance their expertise, obtain professional certifications and designations from third-party institutions and develop the skills and talents of key employees, the company said. The learning management system will also allow advisers to track staff participation and progress.
TD AMERITRADE Institutional said the education portal will address five components:
- Investing skills: Through a TD AMERITRADE affiliate, Investools’, advisers will be able to access educational content and programs accredited for continuing education on various investment and wealth management topics, including options, derivative strategies, and portfolio management.
- Human capital: Advisers will have access to courses and tools designed to help them develop their employees. Additionally, TD AMERITRADE Institutional Business Coaches are available to help RIAs through the innovative Roadmap consulting program.
- Certification programs and designations: Advisers will have access to an array of coursework designed to help advisers receive professional designations from third-party institutions and to help fulfill continuing education requirements for existing designations.
- Events: Advisers will be able to participate in a series of live educational events delivered nationally and regionally.
- Publications and industry research: TD AMERITRADE Institutional provides access to proprietary and third-party educational publications and research.
Along with access to expanded educational resources and tools, advisers will have access to TD AMERITRADE Institutional Business Coaches who can design a professional development program to fit the needs of the adviser and staff.