An SEC news release said the joint hearing is slated to kick off at 9 a.m. at the DoL building in Washington, D.C., with opening remarks from SEC Chairman Mary Schapiro and Deputy Labor Secretary Seth Harris (see “More Details Released about Target-Date Hearing“). The session is scheduled to conclude with closing remarks at 5:20 p.m.
According to the news release, the witnesses are organized in nine panels:
- Introduction to Target-Date Funds
- Target-Date Fund Investor Considerations
- Exploration of Glide Paths and Underlying Investments
- Plan Sponsor Considerations
- Utilization of Target-Date Funds in Defined Contribution Plans
- Understanding, Selecting, and Monitoring Target-Date Funds (two panels)
- Disclosures related to Target-Date Funds
- Target-Date Funds and Other Investment Options.
Witnesses will include representatives of plan participants and beneficiaries, plan sponsors, investor organizations, academia, and the financial services industry.
The hearing will be transcribed, and a live Webcast will be available at the SEC and Labor Department Web sites.
A full list of panelists is available here.