The finalists for the 2012 PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year are:
- Howard H. Daher, Daher Capital Group, LLC, Wellington, Florida
- James E. (Jeb) Graham, CapTrust Advisors, LLC, Tampa, Florida
- Stace Hilbrant, 401k Advisors Chicago, Wilmette, Illinois
- Jim Sampson, Cornerstone Retirement Advisors, Warwick, Rhode Island
- T. Henry Yoshida, Maresh Yoshida 401k Group, Austin, Texas
The finalists for the 2012 PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser Team of the Year are:
- The Corpening Group, Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc., Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Graystone Consulting – Danvers, Danvers, Massachusetts
- Institutional Investment Consulting, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
- Plan Sponsor Advisors, Chicago, Illinois
- The Willhite Institutional Consulting Group at UBS, The Woodlands, Texas
The winners will be announced at the annual PLANSPONSOR/PLANADVISER Awards Dinner on March 29, 2012 in New York City.
Previous winners of the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year award include James L. Worrell, GPS Investment Advisors, LLC, Providence, Rhode Island (2011); Rick Wedge, of Northgate Benefits, in Novato, California (2010); Steven Dimitriou, of Mayflower Advisors, LLC, in Boston, Massachusetts (2009); John Barry with JMB Wealth Management in Torrance, California (2008); Chad Larsen with Moreton Financial Solutions in Denver, Colorado (2007); Dorann Cafaro of The Cafaro Group in Little Silver, New Jersey (2006); and John Mott of Smith Barney in Houston, Texas (2005).
Previous winners of the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser Team of the Year are FDG Institutional Consulting Group at UBS in Stamford, Connecticut (2011); The Prince Group of Stifel Nicolaus in Indianapolis, Indiana (2010); Fiduciary Investment Advisors of Windsor, Connecticut (2009); FFoA in Pearl River, New York (2008); and the STAR Group with Merrill Lynch in Akron, Ohio (2007).
Nominations for the Retirement Plan Adviser and Adviser Team of the Year awards were solicited online from retirement plan advisers, their employers and/or broker/dealers, and plan sponsors, as well as from working partners of these advisers, including investment vendors, accountants and attorneys, and pension administrators. The finalists were selected by an expert panel of judges from a list of semifinalists compiled from a quantitative evaluation of their current service levels and, based on feedback from their plan sponsor clients.
The finalists were drawn from a pool of more than 500 nominations and approximately 200 resulting entries from that nomination pool.
The 2012 PLANADVISER Top 100 Advisers, taken from award entries, can be found here.