Rasmussen, who was appointed CEO in February, said that the moves are intended to “share expertise, resources and leadership across our many business lines.”
In making the announcement he also said, “These new assignments will bring fresh perspective and ideas to our entire organization and will help us develop new opportunities to collaborate, innovate, and provide the best customer service in the industry. Combined with our financial strength and strong go-to-market strategy, these changes will optimize our ability to attract and retain customers in both the insurance and financial services categories.”
Among the new assignments:
- Mark Thresher, current president of Nationwide Financial, will assume the role of Chief Financial Officer for Nationwide. He’ll also oversee Investments and Nationwide Realty Investors.
- Kirt Walker, current president of Nationwide Insurance, will assume the role of president of Nationwide Financial.
- Mark Pizzi, current president of Customer Choice Distribution, will assume the role of president of Nationwide Insurance.
- Larry Hilsheimer, current Chief Financial Officer, will assume the role of president of Nationwide Direct & Customer Solutions (formerly Customer Choice Distribution), which includes Nationwide’s call-center based sales units. He will also oversee Nationwide Bank, Nationwide Better Health, and Customer Service.
- Kim Austen, president of Allied Insurance, will have his role expanded to include oversight of Scottsdale Insurance. Austen will also oversee Titan Insurance and Nationwide Agribusiness.
The new assignments have been approved by Nationwide’s board of directors and take effect immediately.