The funds will be offered on the international segment of the Mexican Stock Exchange, Bolsa Mexicana de Valores (BMV). They are listed in pesos, and trades can be made through a local broker.
The five funds are:
- PIMCO 1-5 Year U.S. TIPS Index Fund (STPZ)
- PIMCO Broad U.S. TIPS Index Fund (TIPZ)
- PIMCO 15+ Year U.S. TIPS Index Fund (LTPZ)
- PIMCO 1-3 Year U.S. Treasury Index Fund (TUZ)
- PIMCO Investment Grade Corporate Bond Index Fund (CORP)
The ETFs are serviced by J.P. Morgan’s Depositary Receipts (DR) business, which handles all corporate actions. J.P. Morgan disseminates relevant shareholder and corporate actions information in the Mexican market via BMV, and a J.P. Morgan representative is available in Mexico City to provide local expertise and guidance to investors.
“We look forward to servicing PIMCO’s ETFs in Mexico,” said Joseph Dooley, DR Executive for the Americas at J.P. Morgan. “There is a demand by both providers and investors for peso-denominated ETFs that provide both U.S. and global exposure.”
For market information on DRs and international equities, please view J.P. Morgan’s Web site.