The program, Retirement Plan Foundations, is designed to help financial advisers “gain the knowledge and confidence needed to make 401(k) sales an integral part of their business,” the company said in a release.
“Too many providers offer broker/dealers and their advisers a great 401(k) product, and then assume the advisers are geared-up to sell the plans. This is a wrong assumption,” said Micah DiSalvo, director of retirement plan sales for CUNA Mutual, in the release. “A retirement plan sale is different than a retail product sale. We know this and we help advisers cross that bridge.”
CUNA Mutual said the program includes:
- technical training about 401(k) plans
- complete sales process and tools
- service platforms designed to keep plan sponsors satisfied
- educational and enrollment materials and presentations
- personal coaching designed to make good producers become great producers
- lead and prospecting systems.
CUNA said that although historically it sold plans within the credit union marketplace, it is now expanding to different sales channels. It has selling agreements with several independent broker/dealers, including LPL Financial, LaSalle Street Securities, QA3 Financial, and Mutual Service Corporation. Retirement Plan Foundations is now available to advisers of those broker/dealers.
More information is available by contacting DiSalvo at 800.356.2644, ext. 6422.