The Web site portal features four separate sections that contain information tailored to each of the site’s main audiences. The site includes:
- a glossary of estate planning terms and view a sample trust
- the ability for consumers to locate a WealthCounsel estate planning attorney in their geographic area
- a speakers bureau for allied professionals looking for a speaker at their meetings or conferences
- useful information for visiting attorneys to download, or to subscribe to The Quarterly Counselor
- a free listserv for financial professionals, attorneys, and the news media who may wish to engage in discussions on various estate planning topics
“As the nation’s population advances in age and as Baby Boomers become more aware of their own mortality, greater attention is drawn to the need to develop an estate plan before they become ill or incapacitated,” said Laura Wilson, executive director for WealthCounsel.
Citing a 2007 survey of consumers that found that 55% of American adults remain without even a basic will, Wilson indicated that it is clear more needs to be done to educate consumers and their advisers of the benefit of proper planning. By launching the new portal at http://www.wealthcounsel.com, WealthCounsel hopes to serve as a resource for estate planning.
The portal also functions as the main login page where WealthCounsel attorneys enter the site to conduct daily business.