According to a press release, the new relationship will include the management of eight investment portfolios that will be available as subaccounts within Lincoln’s variable annuity, variable life insurance, COLI, 403(b), and 401(k) products. The eight new investment strategies include four rules-based portfolios and four capital weighted index portfolios.
The release said the four rules-based strategies aim to capture the traditional value and small-capitalization premium while creating appropriate levels of diversification at both the stock and sector levels. They are:
- Lincoln Variable Investment Product (LVIP) SSgA Large Cap 100 Fundk;
- LVIP SSgA Small/Mid Cap 200 Fund;
- LVIP SSgA Developed International 150 Fund;
- LVIP SSgA Emerging Markets 100 Fund.
The four capitalization-weighted strategies will be offered both on a standalone basis and as components of two new series of risk-based asset allocation models. They are:
- LVIP SSgA S&P 500 Index Fund;
- LVIP SSgA Small-Cap Index Fund;
- LVIP SSgA International Index Fund;
- LVIP SSgA Bond Index Fund.
Those new investment portfolios will also be used as building blocks for a series of risk-based asset allocation strategies within Lincoln’s Choice Plus variable annuity product suite. The relationship also includes the use of SSgA’s SPDR family of exchange-traded funds in PMFM’s 401(k) Toolbox, a fee-based investment advisory and account management service owned by the registered investment adviser (RIA) offered through Lincoln Financial Group affiliates.