The new module in the AIM PlanForward program is titled Understanding Retirement Plan Fees and Expenses.
This new module intends to help advisers:
- Understand and discuss fees and expenses associated with retirement plans;
- Assist plan sponsors with evaluating plan fees and expenses;
- Assist in establishing and providing an objective process to monitor plan fees and expenses;
- Assist plan sponsors with managing the plan’s investment options with a thorough review as detailed in the investment policy statement;
- Consistently review expenses for services and the investment options; and
- Educate sponsors and participants so they can make informed decisions.
The PlanForward program is product neutral and is designed to help financial advisers communicate and demonstrate their value to plan sponsors. This new module follows the first five in the series, which cover other retirement plan topics including: managing fiduciary liability, educating participants, conducting plan reviews, educating newer financial advisers about the retirement market and helping advisers move upmarket.
“The sixth module in our PlanForward series offers multiple tools and resources to help retirement plan financial advisers better understand plan fees and expenses, a compelling attribute given recent regulatory developments,” said Terry Kelly, National Sales Manager-Retirement Division of A I M Distributors, Inc, in a press release.