Northern Trust Global Investments (NTGI), the asset management arm of Northern Trust, unveiled NETS ISEQ 20 Index Fund (ticker: IQE), traded on the NYSE Arca, according to a news release. Northern Trust said the fund enables American investors to invest in an exchange-traded fund (ETF) tracking the 20 Irish securities comprising the index. The company said the decision to create the fund offering exposure to the Irish market reflects Ireland’s continued economic growth and status, including major growth in investment and trade.
The move is the latest in a series of 15 ETF products launched by Northern Trust and called Northern Exchange Traded Shares (NETS), designed to give investors exposure to some of the world’s best-recognized international equities indexes.
Previous NETS launched this year are:
on the NYSE Arca Exchange:
- NETS TA-25 Index Fund (Israel) (ticker: TAV)
- NETS Hang Seng Index Fund (Hong Kong) (ticker: HKG)
- NETS TOPIX Index Fund (Japan) (ticker: TYI)
- NETS CAC40 Index Fund (France) (ticker: FRC)
- NETS AEX-index Fund (The Netherlands) (ticker: AEX)
- NETS BEL 20 Index Fund (Belgium) (ticker: BRU)
- NETS PSI 20 Index Fund (Portugal) (ticker: LIS)
- NETS Hang Seng China Enterprises Index Fund (ticker: SNO)
on the American Stock Exchange:
- NETS FTSE 100 Index Fund (UK) (ticker: LDN)
- NETS DAX Index Fund (Germany) (ticker: DAX)
- NETS S&P/ASX 200 Index Fund (Australia) (ticker: AUS)
- NETS S&P/MIB Index Fund (Italy) (ticker: ITL)
- NETS FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index Fund (South Africa) (ticker: JNB)
- NETS FTSE Singapore Straits Times Index Fund (ticker: SGT)
NETS and Northern Trust’s ETF business are managed under NTGI’s Global Quantitative Management Group (GQM), which is headed by Michael A. Vardas, Jr. Chad Rakvin heads the team of portfolio managers who oversee NETS investment portfolios.
More information on the NETS ETFs is available at www.netsetfs.com.