The topics focused on in the National Association of Government Defined Contribution Administrators (NAGDCA) document include:
- Plan governance and fiduciary responsibilities,
- Prior vendor “orphaned” or “grandfathered” contracts,
- Contracts ceasing to receive contributions on or before December 31, 2004,
- Contracts ceasing to receive contributions in 2005 – 2008,
- Contracts held for former employees or beneficiaries,
- Service provider consolidation,
- Delegation of compliance responsibilities,
- 403(b) limit monitoring,
- Administrative functions,
- Plan design issues, and
- Plan termination.
The Lexington, Kentucky-based group represents deferred compensation and defined contribution plans at the state and local government level as well as financial services providers.
The NAGDCA document is available here.