The tool is designed to streamline document processing and improve both the client and adviser experience when signing and submitting LPL Financial forms. eSignature is now available across LPL Financial as part of its BranchNet technology platform at no additional cost to advisers or their clients.
The tool helps LPL Financial boost productivity and save time by:
- Streamlining the account-opening process and reducing document submission turnaround time, which eliminates the need for faxes or mailing;
- Automatically routing to multiple signers;
- Providing automated tracking of pending documents and automated client reminders;
- Providing the ability to eSign documents on mobile devices anytime, anywhere; and
- Enhancing auditing and risk management practices.
In compliance with the Federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National (ESIGN) Commerce Act of 2000, eSignature does not require a “wet ink” signature and is authenticated through an access ID and a knowledge-based authentication process.
“The launch of DocuSign’s eSignature solution is an important step forward for LPL Financial, our advisers and their clients,” said Christopher Giles, senior vice president of Advisor-Facing Technology at LPL Financial. “As a simple example, LPL Financial currently receives about 4 million faxes a year, and eSignature could dramatically reduce that amount, resulting in a significant savings in paper, paperwork and office-keeping tasks.”