Along with improved brand alignment, ING said the change includes a significant redesign of the ShareBuilder Web site to provide self-directed investors with simpler and less time-consuming ways to secure their financial future.
The ING DIRECT Investing platform aims to:
- Cut out investing complexity
- Offer new research with ratings and reports from Standard & Poor’s, TheStreet.com and Sabrient
- Provide enhanced portfolio management; see investments by sector, region, assets and market cap, as well as security-level analysis including key ratings, performance ratios and returns and historical pricing and volume
- Greater ING DIRECT Integration – customers with accounts at ING DIRECT and ING DIRECT Investing can transfer money between their savings and checking accounts and their brokerage accounts. ING DIRECT customers can also view their bank account balances on the ING DIRECT Investing site.
- Educate through MyNavigator – a new education center with videos and tutorials about common investing questions, including trading, funding/withdrawals, the Automatic Investment Plan, and pricing options
In a recent ING survey of 1,009 investors, more than four in ten (44%) say the amount of research available to consult — graphs, charts, financial news, social media — is “complicated,” “confusing” or “overwhelming.” Just 18% say the available information is easy to understand.Nearly seven in ten (69%) investors agree (strongly/somewhat) that when making an investment decision, having too much information can be as much of a problem as not having enough information, according to the survey.