Registered investment advisers (RIA) working with Fidelity will have access to affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance through BenefitProtect. In addition to group and individual health plans, BenefitProtect offers one-on-one consultations with licensed insurance counselors, customized solutions with flexibility to elect portions of benefit plans versus an entire package, and flexible deductibles and billing, according to a press release.
Advisers will also have access to fully furnished offices or meeting rooms through The Regus Group, the company announced. The Regus Group provides access to a network of fully furnished offices in 950 locations in 400 cities worldwide that are fully equipped with advanced telecom and IT services, access to meeting rooms and state-of-the art video conferencing, professional receptionists, and on-site administrative support.
Fidelity has negotiated special rates with The Regus Group for clients that include the first month’s rent free and 25% off Regus membership which provides access to any of their business lounges worldwide.
Fidelity has also negotiated discounted rates with a new regulatory compliance provider, Advanced Regulatory Compliance, expanding existing third-party discounts with providers that include Stark & Stark, ACA Compliance Group, MarketCounsel, and National Regulatory Services, among others.
Through Advanced Regulatory Compliance, advisers will be able to access professional consulting and services for help navigating through compliance and regulatory issues, from filing business names to preparing regulatory paperwork and client agreements and policies. Fidelity has negotiated a 15% discount off all services and 20% off Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) mock audits.
Other resources Fidelity makes available to brokers going independent, according to the company announcement, include:
- WealthCentral – An integrated Web-based wealth management platform that will integrate advisers’ most critical operational systems and provide them with a single, integrated workstation. WealthCentral will become available in late 2008.
- Turnkey Managed Account Solutions – Fidelity offers advisers three distinct approaches to access managed account products: Fidelity Separate Account Network, Manager Resource Network, and Manager Resource Wrap.
- Marketing Consulting – Personalized consultation and turnkey online tools for advisers to leverage
- Fidelity’s marketing experience to create personalized collateral, including direct mail, brochures, and advertisements.
- IT Consulting – Preferred pricing on hardware, software and technology support services.
- Transition Planning – An online roadmap tool helps advisers understand the transition process, and build a comprehensive plan that includes a timeline for addressing critical areas associated with establishing a new RIA practice.
- Rapid conversion team – A focused, integrated team made up of professionals from Fidelity’s sales, implementation, training, service, transaction processing, and technology areas that helps new RIAs make a quick and smooth conversion onto the Fidelity platform.
Fidelity Institutional Wealth Services is a provider of trading, custody, and brokerage services to RIAs, trust institutions, and third party administrators. More information is at http://fiws.fidelity.com.