Jamie Atkinson has been named National Sales Manager at Sentinel Financial Services Company, distributor of the Sentinel Funds. He will be responsible for leading the sales efforts of Sentinel’s 15 wholesalers. Atkinson joined the firm in early 2008 as Senior Vice President, Eastern Division Sales Manager.
The new hires to the Sentinel distribution team include:
- Carl Berg, Vice President, Key Accounts Operations, who joins Sentinel from MFS where he held various operational and systems management positions during his 10-year tenure there.
- Tim Call, most recently Senior Vice President with Putnam Investments, is now Regional Vice President for the Southern New England region, covering sales of in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
- J.P. Raflo, who will be Regional Vice President for the Mid-Atlantic region (responsible for sales in Delaware, Maryland, Southern New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia), joins Sentinel from Ivy Funds where he was a Vice President of Sales for much of the same region.
- Ted Roundy, most recently Regional Director covering Southern California and Nevada at Goldman Sachs, is now Regional Vice President for Southern California and Hawaii.
- Chris Shanahan, Regional Vice President for the Great Lakes region, is responsible for sales in Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio. He previously held similar positions at American Century Investments and Putnam Investments.
“This latest expansion allows Sentinel to grow and build relationships with financial advisers in each region of the country and puts us in an ideal position to experience additional market share gains in 2009,’ said Jim Cronin, President of Sentinel Financial Services Company.
Sentinel Investments offers the Sentinel family of mutual funds, as well as retirement plan solutions and institutional investment management and manages nearly $16 billion in mutual funds, insurance portfolios, and institutional accounts.