Govil will be joined by several colleagues consisting of portfolio managers, fundamental analysts, and a trader from his previous employer, RS Investment Management Co. LLC, according to a news release. The new 12-person team will work with the Oppenheimer Main Street Fund, Oppenheimer Main Street Opportunity Fund, and Oppenheimer Main Street Small-Cap Fund, as well as their related accounts.
Joining Govil, according to the news release, are:
- Benjamin Ram, who will co-manage Oppenheimer Main Street Fund;
- Anthony Gennaro, who will co-manage Oppenheimer Main Street Opportunity Fund;
- Matthew Ziehl, who will be lead portfolio manager of Oppenheimer Main Street Small-Cap Fund;
- Raman Vardharaj, who will co-manage Oppenheimer Main Street Small-Cap Fund.
- In their previous roles, Ram and Gennaro managed institutional mid-cap strategies; Ziehl managed the RS Small Cap Core Fund; and Vardharaj led the team’s quantitative analysis efforts.