The new sales staffers will help MassMutual target “emerging market plans,” which the firm defines as retirement plans with less than $15 million in assets. Scott Buffington, vice president of sales for MassMutual Retirement Services, say the new hires raise the total number of sales representatives for both the emerging and institutional marketplaces to 80 nationwide.
As the firm explains, the new hires will also be called on to support financial advisers and third-party administrators (TPAs) doing business with MassMutual—helping them to expand and diversify their practices by selling MassMutual’s retirement plan products and services.
The new hires are as follows:
- Brian Cahal has more than 20 years of experience in the retirement plan services industry. Before joining MassMutual, he worked at Principal Financial Group, Fidelity and Paychex. He earned a bachelor’s of science degree at Ohio University and holds FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses. He also holds life, variable and health insurance licenses.
- Will Deyoung was promoted to regional sales director after serving as a regional sales consultant at MassMutual. He has 10 years of industry experience and reports to Shefali Desai, regional sales manager. Deyoung holds a bachelor’s of arts degree from Anne Maria College. She also carries FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses, and a life insurance license.
- Jeff Isaac has more than 10 years of industry experience, most recently at a regional adviser firm and previously at UBS in New York City. He holds a bachelor’s of art degree from the University of New York at Albany. He also holds FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses, a life insurance license, and is a chartered retirement plans specialist (CRPS).
- Tom O’Connell brings more than 10 years of experience in his new role. He worked previously at Lincoln Financial Group and ADP. He earned a bachelor’s of science degree at Stonehill College and holds FINRA Series 6, 26 and 63 licenses. He also holds life, health and variable insurance licenses.
- Mark Robinson has seven years of retirement plan services experience, most recently with Paychex. He earned a bachelor’s of arts degree from St. John Fisher College.
- Ryan Rustler has seven years of retirement plan sales experience with Paychex, The Retirement Advantage and ADP. He earned a bachelor’s of science degree at the University of Wisconsin and holds FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses.
- Matt Solomon has 13 years of experience in the retirement plans marketplace, most recently with TransAmerica and also as both an external and internal wholesaler for Nationwide. He holds a bachelor’s of arts from Bluffton University and FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses. He also has a life insurance license.
More information is available at www.massmutual.com.
You Might Also Like:
« Advisers Help Fill the Gaps in Retirement Planning