Andrew Ross Sorkin’s book, “Too Big To Fail,” spent 12 weeks on the New York Times bestsellers list in 2010, and the movie is currently in production. Sorkin’s book was called the “definitive account” of the financial crisis by the Financial Times. Who but HBO would pick up the movie rights? HBO recently announced the “telepic” (as it is being referred to) will premiere on Monday, May 23, at 9:00pm.
Time to start brushing up on faces and names…and actors. HBO spared no expense at rounding up some of Hollywood’s A-list actors to portray Wall Street’s and Washington’s key figure of the crisis. Here is a taste of who HBO cast for the leading roles:
- Ben Bernanke – Paul Giamatti
- Hank Paulson – William Hurt
- Tim Geithner – Billy Crudup
- Warren Buffett – Edward Asner
- Chris Dodd – Steve Tom
- Jamie Dimon – Bill Pullman
- Dick Fuld – James Woods
- John Mack – Tony Shalhoub
- Jim Wilkinson – Topher Grace
- Michele Davis – Cynthia Nixon
HBO selected Curtis Hanson to direct, with blockbusters L.A. Confidential and 8 Mile under his belt. Check out the trailer here.