The Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration has announced that its “Getting It Right – Know Your Fiduciary Responsibilities” seminar will be held in Dallas on August 24.
The free compliance assistance event at the Hilton Richardson Dallas will increase awareness and understanding about basic fiduciary responsibilities when operating a retirement plan.
Topics to be covered in the seminar include:
- Understanding your plan and your responsibilities;
- Carefully selecting and monitoring service providers;
- Making contributions on time;
- Avoiding prohibited transactions; and
- Making appropriate disclosures to plan participants and filing annual reports to the government on time.