Newsdash Insight on Plan Design & Investment Strategy from PLANSPONSOR
June 27th, 2018
Groom Law Group Calls for IRS Determination Letter Program Expansion
At the start of 2017, the Internal Revenue Service dramatically limited when a retirement plan could seek an individual determination on its tax-qualified status; ERISA attorneys are calling for a new expansion of the once-important program. Read more >
From the Magazine: Mastering the RFP
while issuing a formal request for proposals (RFP) to advisers once was conducted only by plans with  $50 million or more in assets, today even plans with as little as $20 million are going through the process. In our latest print edition cover story, “Outscale the Competition,” advisers reveal that 90% of the questions in an RFP are boilerplate. It’s in the remaining 10% that advisers can stand out from the competition. Read more >
Gen X, Millennials May Have Misguided Retirement Expectations
More than one-third of Gen Xers and Millennials have no retirement savings, and although many expect to rely on Social Security for a major portion of retirement income, they have no intention of maximizing their benefits, a survey finds. Read more >
2018 PLANADVISER National Conference
With the 2018 PLANSPONSOR National Conference in the rear-view mirror, we are already hard at work planning our next big event. New at this year’s PLANADVISER National Conference will be the opportunity for advisers to earn their “PLANSPONSOR Retirement Professional” designation while at the conference.  Read more >
MOST READ ARTICLES
1
2018 PLANADVISER Recordkeeper Services Guide
2
2018 PLANADVISER National Conference
3
Bill Beardsley Exits LPL Retirement Partners Business
4
Participants’ Retirement Outlook Has Improved
5
Half of Workers Approaching Retirement Expect to Return to Work
Sponsored message from Natixis
Retirement Goals – Aligned with Your Clients’ Ideals
71% of Millennials would contribute more to retirement if it advanced social good. The opportunity to invest in a better future has arrived. Natixis Sustainable Future Funds℠: the 1st and only ESG target dates. LEARN MORE > Read more >
Mutual of Omaha Launches Calculator to Help 401(k) Participants Achieve Goals
Mutual of Omaha Retirement Services launched Calculate Retirement Right, a tool that gives 401(k) participants the ability to calculate the retirement visions they imagine for themselves during Mutual’s Imagine Retirement Right enrollment workshops. Read more >
ABG of Michigan Works With Retirement Plan Advisers and Sponsors to Create Financial Wellness Program
Implementation of the program is a collaboration between ABGMI and financial advisers to present meetings, webinars, email and messaging campaigns, and one-on-one personal chats that help maximize reach and engagement. Read more >
Market Mirror
Tuesday, the Dow was up 30.31 points (0.12%) at 24,238.11, the NASDAQ closed 29.62 points (0.39%) higher at 7,561.63, and the S&P 500 increased 5.99 points (0.22%) to 2,723.06. The Russell 2000 gained 11.02 points (0.66%) to finish at 1,668.53, and the Wilshire 5000 closed 87.79 points (0.31%) higher at 28,494.21. The price of the 10-year Treasury note was up 1/32, decreasing its yield to 2.880%. The price of the 30-year Treasury bond was down 2/32, increasing its yield to 3.027%.

Editorial: Alison Cooke Mintzer alison.mintzer@strategic-i.com

Advertising: Paul Zampitella paul.zampitella@strategic-i.com

Subscribe to Adviserdash, click here .

To unsubscribe, click here.

BrightScope / CIO / FWW / Investor Economics / LiquidMetrix / Market Metrics / Matrix Solutions / PLANADVISER / Plan For Life / PLANSPONSOR / Simfund