Jul 03, 2012 --- Russell Investments compiled a handbook outlining
the major issues facing corporate pension plan sponsors. ---
Russell’s Bob Collie, chief research
analyst; Jim Gannon, director, asset allocation and risk management; and David
Phillips, senior investment strategist, give an overview of the main issues and
offer a practical view about pension plan management.
Written for chief
investment officers, chief financial officers and treasurers, the handbook is
divided into three sections: the pension plan and the corporation, pension
plan basics, and special considerations for frozen and closed
The handbook’s overview was designed
to show plan sponsors how to:
- Navigate pension liabilities in the face of new Pension
Protection Act (PPA) requirements;
- Manage pension expense on the income
- Understand the impact of defined benefit (DB) plan
closure or freezing and risk transfer options;
- Understand how interest rate volatility affects the
- look ahead to future pension accounting potholes.
A copy of the handbook can be
requested from here.